Let's start with the praises. Always a good place to start:
1) We shaved a good hour off the whole show, even though we stopped a few times and added some things in. That is a very good thing, for us as actors... and for you as the audience!
2) The duet I sing with another woman is going really well. This is a huge praise, since I was crazy nervous about it when I first learned I would be singing the harmony... I don't really do harmony. I'm over the moon excited that it is working out.
3) Last night was the first time we were to be off book. That didn't happen for some, but I was able to make it through with only a tiny flub towards the end.
Now... for the bad:
1) My song. Please pray that I figure out what's wrong and fix it. It is still not working. I don't know if it's a mental block or what, but I sing it fine at home and then when I get to practice, it just doesn't sound right.
2) All of our voices. There are a lot of high notes in this musical. My friend sings his song falsetto and singing it all week is starting to make his voice hoarse (not that it's noticeable, he just told me it was). I'm having the same problem.
3) The health of our cast. Two of our leads were out sick last night. A few more have been sick off and on throughout the show. I haven't been feeling so hot the last couple of days, and the lack of sleep and nerves isn't helping.
4) I have noticed that some of the cast have started looking to me for their cues on the "dance" moves. Please pray that I remember them so I don't screw anyone up.
Thanks everyone! I know I've spent a lot of time talking about the show and asking for prayer, but this is a big deal for me and I just don't want to screw it up. Imagine standing up in front of hundreds of people (most of whom you have specifically asked to be there), feeling incredibly naked, and pretty much shouting, "Hey! Look at me and judge me!" Yeah... that's how I feel whenever I have to sing a solo. I could say lines til the end of time. That part doesn't bother me in the least... but the solo. OH, THE SOLO! I need a drink.
One last thing. I was up really early this morning and did a devotional from "Our Daily Bread". This was part of the verse I read, and it seemed to be just what I needed to read today.
"The Lord, the King of Israel, is with you,
Never again will you fear any harm.
On that day, they will say to Jerusalem,
'Do not fear, Zion;
Do not let your hands go limp.
The Lord, your God, is with you,
the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you,
In his love He will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing.'"
I just like that last part. It will hopefully be a reminder to me as I sing that I am singing for God. He gave me a voice to use for his glory and no matter what, He will delight in it... even if no one else does. :-P